By: Mirza Beg
SAP has provided standard BW extractors to extract Purchasing data from ECC into BW. These extractors can be enhanced on an as need basis. Following are the standard Purchasing LO (Logistics) extractors available under ECC BW standard content:
2LIS_02_ACC - Purchasing Data (Account Assignment)
- 2LIS_02_HDR - Purchasing Data (Header Level)
- 2LIS_02_ITM - Purchasing Data (Item Level)
- 2LIS_02_SCL - Purchasing Data (Schedule Line Level)
- 2LIS_02_CGR - Allocation - Confirmation with Goods Receipt
- 2LIS_02_SCN - Allocation - Confirmation with Schedule Line
- 2LIS_02_SGR - Allocation - Schedule Line with Goods Receipt
LO extractors provide data sources specific to level of information for example: 2LIS_02_HDR gives purchasing order data at header level, 2LIS_02_ITM purchasing order data at the item level and 2LIS_02_SCL purchasing order data schedule level and so on
Here are some of the Standard LO Extractors Characteristics:
- It uses cluster tables.
- It uses v1 and v2 and v3 update modes.
- It generates extract structure.
- It uses pre-defined data sources.
- standard extractors in ECC for purchasing
- Extraction queue, Update queue, Delta queue are used in delta mechanism
SAP has provided the LO - Cockpit to perform:
- Maintenance of extract structure
- Maintenance of data sources
- Activating updates
- Controlling updates
- Direct Delta.
- Unserialized V3 Update.
- Queued Delta.
The advantages and disadvantages of different LO's
► Using this method we can send maximum up to 10000 data records
► There is no need to schedule the V3 job control to transfer the data into BW
► For each document posting the data will be stored in a Logical Unit of Work (LUW) of BW delta queue
► Different document changes are not summarized into single LUW , so the number of LUW's are significantly increased for each document posting. Therefore, it decreases the performance of the OLTP system.
This method of extraction is recommended only for the low occurrences of documents
Unserialized V3 Update
► Using this method We can load up to 100000 records
► Using v3 job control we can schedule the time period for data transfer
► Serialization is not ensured
This method is recommended when we want to send the data to Info cubes or DSO's with the additive mode. The scheduling feature can also ensure data transfer is done off-peak hours if your local network is busy.
- This method supports multiple languages.
- This method allows loading of more than 100000 records.
- Serialization is possible.
- Changed or Delta records are summarized into single (Logical Unit of Work) LUW. Therefore it increases the OLTP performance.
- Using job control we can schedule the time period for transfer the data to BW delta queue.
In my next blog I'll provide a general overview of data sources.
Follow Me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mirza-beg-4719608/
If you want a reference guide fill out the form below to download my powerpoint.